2/3 cups raw sugar
2/3 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/3 cup chopped cashews
- Add milk and sugar to a small saucepan and heat and bring to the boil
- Continue to heat on medium-high until mixture, whilst regularly stirring for about 7 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Reduce heat to low-medium and heat until mixture reaches 240C on a candy thermomemeter. (Or until it forms a firm ball a drop of the mixture is placed in cold water).
- Take of the heat and mix in the butter, vanilla, cocoa, and cashews.
- Pour onto pan lined with baking paper.
- Allow to set slightly (about 30 min) and cut into desired shape and then allow to set completely